SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: multiple resources from one data object?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 31, 2008 12:08 PM Last Post By: vam
darthvader

multiple resources from one data object?
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 10:59 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Is it possible to generate multiple resources from a single data object using OSEM?
My use case: assume a RSS-Feed parsed into a object structure (e.g. via the rome project): the feed class contains top-level data of the RSS (title, language, ..) and a list of feed entries. Each entry contains title, description and a URL. If I save the feed object to compass, search works, a feed object is returned (obviously).

What I'd like to have: If the search phrase is found in an feed entry, the entry should be returned, not the feed containing the entry.

Is there a way to solve this?
vam

Re: multiple resources from one data object?
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 12:08 PM   in response to: darthvader in response to: darthvader
Helpful
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
Each entry needs to be a resource when indexing. This way when you search you will get individual entries instead of the entire feed. If you want you can a subindex for the entire feed and one for the entries.
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums