SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: Can't find properties with meta-data/@store='no'

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Apr 14, 2008 2:11 PM Last Post By: Aleksei Valikov
Aleksei Valikov

Can't find properties with meta-data/@store='no'
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 9:23 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

I've encountered some strange behaviour in Compass 1.2.2 (and 1.2.1 I guess).

We have a Compass/Hibernate applications. Hibernate does the primary storage, Compass - full text indexing, via GPS.

A while ago our users started complaining that too few results are found. But when the administrator executes a full reindex (it's done via GPS), the records start getting found again - until they're resaved.

After some hours of research I've found out the following.

We have an OSEM model with mappings generated from the XML Schema. We typically generate properties as follows:

<property accessor="org.jvnet.hypercompass.runtime.compass.accessor.CheckingPropertyAccessor"
class="java.lang.String"
managed-id="false"
name="PostalCode">
<meta-data store="no">de.disy.preludio2.base.CIAddress.PostalCode</meta-data>
</property>

We've got the meta-data/@store='no' here. I've tried switching meta-data/@store='no' to 'yes' and surprizingly properties start to work (i.e. being found) again.

So at the moment I changed store to 'yes' everywhere. Still not sure that this was the correct way to address the situation.

Is there maybe some obvious error that I'm missing?

I thought properties are searchable (indexed) even if store is 'no'. I'm even allright if the properties with meta-data/@store='no' are not searchable/indexed but what surprizes me is that these properties ARE searchable after the full reindex (SpringHibernate3Device.index()).
Shay Banon

Re: Can't find properties with meta-data/@store='no'
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 11:47 AM   in response to: Aleksei Valikov in response to: Aleksei Valikov

I agree, this is strange... . When you set things to store="no", then it should be indexed and searchable (but, you won't be able to read them back). Is there a chance that you can produce a simple test case? If possible, similar to what Compass has in its tests module (or even within it) - this will speed things up.
Aleksei Valikov

Re: Can't find properties with meta-data/@store='no'
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 2:11 PM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Yes, I was intending to. Just wanted to ask before building the test case.

Thank you for the quick reply - I'll raise an issue when I have a test case.
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums