SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: Inserting data from multiple databases in same index

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Aug 23, 2011 10:47 PM Last Post By: louisvuittonbox
L Duperval

Inserting data from multiple databases in same index
Posted: Jul 22, 2010 12:44 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi,

We are creating an index containing data from two databases. What we are trying
to achieve is to make our search locate and return information no matter where
the data came from. I<m using 2.2.0 if it matters.

My problem is that I am not sure how to create such an index.

Do I index in two passes, one for each database, while adding the content of the
second SELECT to the first one? Or a different approach?

I'm pretty sure this is (pretty much) a FAQ but I didn't find what I was looking
for. If there is an example I should look at, please let me know.

Thanks,

L
mihwang

Re: Inserting data from multiple databases in same index
Posted: Jul 29, 2010 2:50 PM   in response to: L Duperval in response to: L Duperval
Helpful
You can use GPS Devices for each database and add them to a GPS. Then all you have to do is call index on the GPS that manages the two GPS Devices.

As taken from the documentation: http://www.compass-project.org/docs/2.2.0/reference/html/gps-introduction.html#gps-ProgrammaticConfiguration

Compass compass = ... // configure compass
CompassGps gps = new SingleCompassGps(compass);

CompassGpsDevice device1 = ... // configure with database 1
device1.setName("device1");
gps.addDevice(device1);

CompassGpsDevice device2 = ... // configure with database 2
device2.setName("device2");
gps.addDevice(device2);

gps.start();
gps.index();
//on application shutdown
gps.stop();
louisvuittonbox

Re: Inserting data from multiple databases in same index
Posted: Aug 23, 2011 10:47 PM   in response to: L Duperval in response to: L Duperval

Looking for a new ghd lisseur? Now, you can make your hair to be curl or straight with styler ghd, which is a suitable styling tool, you are able to use it to change your hairstyle which you like in a entirely very less period of time. This useful product was created and designed by the Farouk Systems, and today lisser ghd are loved by more and more young girls and graceful ladies. There are many ghd hair straighteners around the whole world nowadays, and GHD Outlet online store may be the best choice for you, if you want to buy discount Ghd IV salon styler.As a professional ghd France online seller, we provide Ghd Iv Styler,Ghd Iv Salon Styler,Ghd Iv,Ghd Salon Styler,ghd iv mini styler,ghd straighteners sale,ghd gold styler and so on at lower price, you can find different designs, colors of GHD IV Styler are listed in our livraison gratuite. When you find your ideal GHD IV Styler, you can order them soon, and we will send our products to you witnin a week, no tax sale, fast free shipping. Hope you enjoy your shopping here.
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums