SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: Refresh Lucene IndexSearcher

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Sep 16, 2011 8:10 PM Last Post By: sdfasdf
Harini

Refresh Lucene IndexSearcher
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 5:48 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi Everyone,

I have migrated the search workflows in my application from Lucene to Compass. Since we have some backend jobs which are continuosly updating the data in the lucene index, we are caching the lucene IndexSearcher object and refresh it every hour.

Now with compass, I am using CompassSearchHelper to query the compass index. Does Compass internally cache the lucene IndexSearcher object? If yes, how can I periodically refresh it in compass?

Thanks,
Harini
Shay Banon

Re: Refresh Lucene IndexSearcher
Posted: Jun 8, 2007 4:58 PM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

Compass takes care of that for you. It will check the index periodically and if the index changes, it will invalidate the reader/searcher opened against it. You can control the timings using different Compass settings (explained in the docs in the settings section).
Harini

Posted: Jun 12, 2007 4:04 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Hi Shay,

I could not find the information in the docs to control the Searcher refresh. I did find how to control the index optimization using compass.engine.optimizer.schedule and compass.engine.optimizer.schedule.period.

Can you please point me to the settings for refresh?

Thanks,
Harini
Shay Banon

Posted: Jun 12, 2007 1:11 PM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

Here you go:

compass.transaction.clearCacheOnCommit

Should the cache be cleared on commit. Note, that setting it to false might mean that the transaction isolation level will not function properly (for example, with read_committed, it will mean that data that is committed will take time to be reflected in the index). Defaults to true.

compass.engine.cacheIntervalInvalidation

Sets how often (in milliseconds) the index manager will check if the index cache needs to be invalidated. Defaults to 5000 milliseconds. Setting it to 0 means that the cache will check if it needs to be invalidated all the time. Setting it to -1 means that the cache will not check the index for invalidation, it is perfectly fine if a single instance is working with the index, since the cache is automatically invalidated upon a dirty operation.
Harini

Posted: Jun 13, 2007 7:12 AM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

Thanks for the tip Shay!
Harini

Posted: Jun 13, 2007 7:23 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Hi Shay,

That was very helpful. I have a couple of related questions.

I have 2 applications, one is user facing and the other is the backend application that adds data in to the system periodically. They are 2 different jvms deployed on the same server.

1. Refresh the searcher on the user-facing app
2. Optimize the index from the backend app

I can use the configurations mentioned by you to refresh and optimize. But I was wondering if the refresh searcher gets triggered while optimize is running on the index, it might run in to some issues?

Has anyone experienced such issues before?

-Harini
Shay Banon

Posted: Jun 14, 2007 12:32 PM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini
Helpful
It will. The refresh process checks the index version, and if has changed, it will refresh the searcher. The optimize process will cause the index version to increase, which will cause the searcher to be refreshed (within the time limit of the cache invalidation).
Harini

Posted: Jun 18, 2007 2:34 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Yes it does refresh the searcher as mentioned by you. But occassionally, I am unable to find/search for an executive, who has been added to the compass index. I am still not exactly sure of the pattern.

Thanks for the response.
louisvuittonbox

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 10:08 PM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

Sports brand Nike (Nike) has announced the new 2010 summer footwear, including the nike air max, Tennis Classic, and Air Max 90 Current Torch three groups. nike shox which are yellow, orange, and blue color, with some bright colors there is a refreshing feeling. Tennis Classic with a white and green color, low-cut shoes suitable for summer wear. And with the nike air jordan of the latest technology Torch nike shoes uk Current Torch shoes are hit with the classic black and white color with the toe position with the Torch materials, mining forefoot nike air max 2011 Free technology coupled with the classic appearance , reflecting the retro and technology integration.
feifei

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 3:27 AM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

We are the best soccer jersey supplier, all the soccer jerseys on jerseybbs.com are REPLICA SOCCER JERSEYS, but their quality are good, because many soccer jersey shopping websites are selling our discount soccer jerseys, espcially the thailand quality cheap soccer jerseys, They are the same as the official jerseys

According to a figure that most of the luxury brands consumer in China range frome 2os to 30s.
wholesale polo shirts are all young Women's love, wearing the designers will attract passerby glance, it make them be in good mood all the day.

feidufang
With the increase in printing needs all over the world, manufacturers of Ink Cartridges are hard pressed to meet the ever-increasing demand. Consumer satisfaction ranks highest in the quest to fulfill company priorities. Buying printers is relatively cheap nowadays, but unfortunately, the Ecco Key West Mens same thing cannot be said about the CISS or cartridges that require to be replaced often.

cocogamer.com is one of most reliable sellers which engage in r4i gold and r4i sdhc , including all the most popular R4i and R4 3DS Cards at favorable price
China Ceramic Tile Manufacturer exporter and supplier with a factory in China, manufacture all kinds of Ceramic Tile, wall tiles, Floor Tiles!

The online store to buy replica Louis Vuitton bags, wallets and purse of top most designer

R4 Series,r4i Series,R4DS,R4i SDHC,R4i Gold,R4i Card for NDSi XL/NDSi/DSL/NDS - UseeGames.Com

feifei

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 3:28 AM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

BrandDream, Top designer apparel supplier, FREE SHIPPING(for orders of 10pcs to US, UK, CA and AU), louboutin shoes, Cheap Ralph Lauren polo shirts, Cheap Ed Hardy Wholesale, juicy couture tracksuits, Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes, Discount Sheepskin Boots, Wholesale Abercrombie, Christian Audigier Clothing and Shopping
wholesale designer clothing, accept Credit Card and PayPal, Quality Guarantee, Good Discounts and Trusty Business.

Do you know the different between the replica and fake watch? In fact the replica watches is made from the similar material and parts with the orginal one,the more important it is legal, however the fake is illegal.

A wide range of high quality and excellent perfermance wholesale Jerseys, wholesale nike shox, Cheap Nike airmax Shoes wholesale and Cheap Nike airmax Shoes in our shop welcome your visit.wholesale Jerseys, wholesale nike shox, Cheap Nike airmax Shoes, Cheap Nike airmax Shoes wholesale.
cheap soccer jerseys,replica soccer jerseys are very high sales volume, and many people liked to buy it replica soccer jerseyscheap soccer jerseys.

We mainly deal with handbags, shoes, garment, promotions and gifts. wholesale designer handbags, Wholesale shoes from china, wholesale fashion accessories, wholesale designer sunglasses, wholesale products from china. For many years' experience, our companies has been always complying with the contract and attaching great importance to good faith.

feidufang

Newest styles and brands of hats & caps including baseball caps, new era cap, DC fitteds, fillipino flag hats and sports team caps.

Anviz Biometric manufactures a complete range of biometric products including Fingerprint Time Attendance , fingerprint access control, fingerprint lock, USB fingerprint reader, OEM fingerprint module Fingerprint Access Control etc.

We specialize in shower head andtowel rack of high quality and favorable price .The shower head that we provide has many advantages: 1. They quickly bring water; 2. The handles of environmental protection are in favour of our health;3.The color and style are wonderful. At the same time ,towel rack that we provide is durable and beautiful.We are sure that we will offer you satisfactory products and service

fdgdfgfgh

Posted: Sep 13, 2011 9:31 AM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

Thanks for coming our timberland online store! Just enjoy yourself here! As a developping company, timberland boots always can give us some surprise .I belive timberland shoes Sale can make your feet more comfortable, make your life more stylish!If you want to have a try ,just click here: discount timberland boots Free delivery

timberland boot

timberland shops

timberland 2011

discount timberland

wholesale timberland

timberland chaussures

timberland outlet

timberland womens shoes

waterproof timberland boots

timberland chukka boots

timberland 6 inch boots

timberland classic

timberland roll top boots

white timberland boots

timberland kids

Dear friends, do you want to have some different things? Whether you want to give your relatives and friends, take a few different exotic gifts? Whether you want to buy some cheap benefits of thing? accept paypal and free shipping So please, let us begin now! Click on our website accept paypal and free shipping
http://clothes6.us/
Wholesale shops
MLB jerseys MLB NBA
NIKE-BLAZER
JUICB IKINI JUIC )
Coach Handbags
ed hardy women shiris
WALLETS
Air jordan shoes
WOMEN JEANS(CA-Jeans,Ed Hardy Jeans,TRUE RELIGION Jean)
JEWERLY (Pandora cartier ed coach juicy lv tiffany)
SILK-SCAR(cartier ed coach juicy lv tiffany DG cucci burberry)
(BOSE-EARPHONE,IPOD-EARPHONE)
LADY PURSES(cartier ed coach juicy lv tiffany DG cucci burberry)

NFL JERSEYS
JORDAN SHOES
Christian Louboutin shoes
SUNGLASSES(coach okey nike juicy D&G prada)
men jackers
kid (air jordans nike shoes)

Bos Earphone

sdfasdf

Posted: Sep 16, 2011 8:10 PM   in response to: Harini in response to: Harini

ggf

フェラガモは、天才サルヴァトーレ・フェラガモという靴職人によって作られた高級ブランドです。世界的に有名で、フェラガモ公式サイト100年以上の歴史を誇るイタリア発のフェラガモファッションブランドです。最高のフェラガモ フラットシューズ作りに象徴される品質と熟練した職人技、そして創造的で革新的なデザインを兼ね備えています。フェラガモ靴からフェラガモバッグ、フェラガモ財布、フェラガモ時計まで、最先端製品ファッションブランドフェラガモのデザインや製造、流通を行う一流の企業フェラガモ店舗となっています。 フェラガモの一貫した「イタリア主義」イタリア企業であることに誇りをもち、フェラガモ素材、デザイン、染色、製造全てを完璧にイタリア製で統一していますフェラガモ。こうしたMade in Italyという徹底したコンセプトのもと、フェラガモ長年培われてきた職人技術をもって、フェラガモ最高のモノ作りに情熱を注いでいるのがフェラガモというブランドです。

Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums