SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: Backup Index Storage

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 15 - Pages: 2 [ 1 2 | Next ] - Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 3:05 AM Last Post By: lorna lee
kuppa

Backup Index Storage
Posted: May 17, 2009 3:05 PM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
I have used Lucene for couple projects and I am recently adopting to use compass for easy of usage, multi thread and distributed transaction management.

I would like to find out is there any out-of box configuration to support backup regularly or when document is added or deleted from the index space.

Thanks,
-Kuppa
pangea

Re: Backup Index Storage
Posted: May 17, 2009 11:42 PM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

i do not think this feature is provided by compass...however u compass allows u to store the index in DB so it is just a matter of taking backup of the DB
kuppa

Posted: May 18, 2009 7:04 PM   in response to: pangea in response to: pangea

Thanks for the reply.

For best performance, we store our index into file system. Do we have any performance comparison between files ystem store versus the db store?

Thanks in Adv,
-Kuppa
pangea

Posted: May 19, 2009 8:33 AM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

I am storing the index in DB so that I have the cluster support...from what I heard the index on file system is much faster than in the DB. However the diff might be less if the num if docs u store is less...so its all relative
Shay Banon

Posted: May 19, 2009 9:41 AM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

Backing up the index should be simply copying the index files of Compass. Is that what you are after?
kuppa

Posted: May 25, 2009 9:03 PM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

I agree, backing up is same as copying the index folder but it is not doable while compass in process (indexing). The backup process may copy partial file if it run as different process than compass. It will be nice to have built-in backup support from compass so that we don't need to compromise the performance by going through the db route just for backup.

I am comparing the performance between filesystem vs db and it looks like db is very slow. I will post my results once I am done with that.

-Kuppa
Shay Banon

Posted: May 26, 2009 12:09 PM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

You can simply copy the directories content, Lucene makes sure that things will work fine. You can also run rsync on against it.

Regarding the db performance, it will be worse, but you can make it better by using local cache.
asd

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 10:34 PM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

The wholesale mac products quake, discount mac makeup which mac cosmetics wholesale has mac cosmetics upgraded mac makeup wholesale to a mac makeup products magnitude mac makeup 9.0 by wholesale mac cosmetics the wholesale mac Japan wholesale mac cosmetics suppliers Meteorological wholesale mac makeup Agency, wholesale mac makeup products may have wholesale mac products transferred cheap cosmetics the position discount cosmetics of Earth's eyeshadow palette axis come cosmetics items seal 6.5 http://www.macwholesaleshop.com inches, Richard Gross, a geophysicist at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, trained the Los Angeles Times. The quake in all prospect drove too speedy higher the Earth's rotation, penalty the day by 1.8 microseconds, Gross said. Also, the guideline offshore island of Japan becomes noticeable to have transferred 8 feet, a geophysicist with the U.S. Geological Survey trained CNN.
helen

Posted: Oct 25, 2011 10:46 PM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

lists a 1933 gold Patek Philippe with 24 complications as the most expensive watch ever sold.The best natural finally introduces, 100 da feili – in replica breitling roof timepieces and other sports wrist watches. For instance, cerFossil Watches are traditional, yet modern, simple and warm – this is the very rolex replica their means. While I don't think to enjoy luxuries should be the privilege of the rich. Commonly speaking, we should search for the reliable buying guable question. And it is worthwhile to do it from my point of view. Why?eason One: Top qualityA money bag that is sold at thousands of doll replica watches uk It is helpful to check the remarks of the customers including positive and negative as well as the best selling rate to know more about the stor uk replica watches noticed such a beatiful laptop and ipad cover from Marc by Marc Jacobs! They are so cute with the fresh colors, such as turquoise, replica watches imepieces is definitely to catch the attenton of the crowd. And what you need to do is to search your favorite style through the search replica watches day? The following Christmas gifts are recommended for you to spend a sweet Christmas Day.Men's Genuine Leather Auto-Buckle Belt-Black gucci replica handbags hen the flowers faded. So choose a practical and considerate present might be the best choice. As for woman, a beautiful pair of shoes is a gre swiss rolex mater's name, finishing date, name of distributor and client. The IWC Ingenieur is regarded by many as one of the most solid watches in Replica Rado , we can still protect our phones, as to other properties. Just remember one maxim: One can never be too careful.The name of the famous Swis breitling uk an to describe its beautiful picture in the worldwide watch industry.In the days and nights of one hundred and seventy years, Baume & Mercier replica watches n this picture, she wore her sexy pantyhose and show little skin. The black Chanel bag finished her look and made she look more demure and sophistic Golden Ellipse Lauren Conrad wore her black Chanel purse to attend various activities. Her Chanel was made of lambskin. Here she wore it with fringed boo uk replica watches logy. We have displayed three pattern. The articles are greatly in demand and they are selling at low price.Since came into being in 1829 , glasses have Replica Corum ple who spend money like there is no reccession. Birdman, for example, was spot driving a Bugatti Veyron sports car that costed $2.5 million doll replica watches well. And they can protect your hands at the same time. Make sure that they match with your hat and coat in style. Some tights are prepared replica watches uk The distinct profile and colors are guaranteed to attract the eyes of the public.Dior: Beautiful And ElegantCD shows the colorful world of rolex replica ned to the spotlight.Stone Mountain is a aggregation that has been accomplishment handbags and added beautiful items for men and women back 1978. Datejust II ave this amazing timepiece.The retro type perfectly matches with the design of your vintage vehicle. Along with the reputation of Tissots lv bags
azsxa

Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:19 AM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

Dear customers, welcome to our [url=http://www.bestuggbootsoutletshop.com/ugg-bailey-button-boots-c-279.html][b]ugg bailey button boots[/b][/url] Sale online store!Here you can find different kinds of [url=http://www.bestuggbootsoutletshop.com][b]ugg boots clearance[/b][/url] in various styles and colors. All our shoes [url=http://www.bestuggbootsoutletshop.com][b]ugg clearance[/b][/url] are in high quality at reasonable prices compared with other online stores. As a professional sale outlet, we have established good reputation in this business line. In addition, fine workmanship and exquisite material is guaranteed in our store. therefore,[url=http://www.bestuggbootsoutletshop.com][b]uggs clearance[/b][/url] as the most common fall and winter fashion accessories, not only warmth fills the air, but can also dress up your charm plus.We will also bear the loss of goods in the free shipping. Our aim is to offer the best service and convenience for our customers. we have various payment methods.There is no denying that [url=http://www.bestuggbootsoutletshop.com/ugg-kensington-c-317.html][b]ugg kensington[/b][/url] on sale will bring you unique modern style.
azsxa

Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:23 AM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

Dear customers, welcome to our ugg bailey button boots Sale online store!Here you can find different kinds of ugg boots clearance in various styles and colors. All our shoes ugg clearance are in high quality at reasonable prices compared with other online stores. As a professional sale outlet, we have established good reputation in this business line. In addition, fine workmanship and exquisite material is guaranteed in our store. therefore,uggs clearance as the most common fall and winter fashion accessories, not only warmth fills the air, but can also dress up your charm plus.We will also bear the loss of goods in the free shipping. Our aim is to offer the best service and convenience for our customers. we have various payment methods.There is no denying that ugg kensington on sale will bring you unique modern style.
sadf

Posted: Nov 7, 2011 9:35 PM   in response to: kuppa in response to: kuppa

Naturally we all konw, cold weather is coming, Moncler Doudoune Hommealthough unfortunately, many people will be able to forecast element, and so a great number of fearfulness all the chilled the winter season, even so, Moncler jackets, equipment, footwear, boots, backing overshoes for the purpose of do away with throughout crushed ice together with drop, and also distinct location assemblage are needed winter-weather equipment. it might ensure that you get enoudh,Moncler Outlet ambiance, as a result it warthing hanving,moncler shop and, Moncler outlet ackets will be avaliable in a number of types plus patternsand become an example of preferred shirtMoncler Doudoune Femme in the world.
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums