SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: Explicitely merging all segments of a sub-index

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 13 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 8:57 PM Last Post By: good
Konstantyn Smir...

Explicitely merging all segments of a sub-index
Posted: May 2, 2008 4:54 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi all,

How can I force merging all index's segments into a single one.

My set up is

compass.engine.optimizer.schedule = false
compass.engine.mergeFactor = 2
compass.engine.optimizer.type = org.compass.core.lucene.engine.optimizer.AggressiveOptimizer

so, I have a read-oriented environment, where the updates are executed pretty rarely, and therefore the optimizations as well.

In my indexing method I start the optimizer programmatically:

def optimizer = compass.searchEngineOptimizer
optimizer.optimize( alias )

As a result, the older and newer segments remain as they are, i.e. unmerged.

I tried different combinations with various optimizers and mergeFactor values, but index remains in several segments, rather in one.

I'm not sure, if I can call IndexWriter.addIndex(), because I'm handling a single alias and sub-index.

What am I missing on the way?

Thanx for the help!

Edited by: Konstantyn Smirnov on May 2, 2008 11:54 AM
Shay Banon

Re: Explicitely merging all segments of a sub-index
Posted: May 2, 2008 11:59 AM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

Which version of Compass are you using?
Konstantyn Smir...

Posted: May 4, 2008 6:23 PM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

it's 2.0 something :)

I simply added

'compass.engine.optimizer.aggressive.mergeFactor':2

now the files are merged into a single set.

What I noticed, is when I turn the scheduler off:
compass.engine.optimizer.schedule = false,
it gives me true, when I call optimizer.isRunning(). Shouldn't it be returning false for a not-scheduled == not-started optimizer?
Shay Banon

Posted: May 5, 2008 2:55 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...
Helpful
ok, now I understand what you are after. First, regarding the "running" API, currently, even if the optimizer is not scheduled, it is running. A bit confusing, granted..., need to think this through.

Regarding what you mention, the optimizer will only optimize the index only after compass.engine.optimizer.aggressive.mergeFactor value segments have reached (so if it is scehduled, it won't optimize all the time). If you do not schedule it, and you wish to optimize every time you call the optimize API down to a single segment, then your parameter is perfect (2).
qianyang

Posted: Oct 12, 2011 11:19 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

handmade jewelry in the world.Let me introduce you more detailed information. The communities make use of the nature recourses to accomplish the work. rolex Explorer replica watches aren't sold which has a assurance, which may grow to be high priced in the end.Whilst, if you can't pay the find the rea rolex Day Date rforms or not. But, the particular premise is that you need to deal with reliable merchants.Second of all, some of those replica watches nearly swiss replica cience and technology, phone is no longer just used to give a call. Cell phone owners are able to play JAVA games, send e-mails, download mu replica watches one is a vivid example, which plays an important role in modern life. As the spring up of all kinds of mobile phones, second-hand mobile phone replica rolex . A purse of high price tag is surely nice. It can be simple yet elegant. It can be sophisticated yet luxurious. It can be exotic yet classic replica watch daily use and affordable for most people. Therefore, if you want to experience the luxurious items without burning your pocket, replica handbags are discount watches ar as I'm concerned, I have an unfavorable experience in buying a second-hand mobile phone when I was in high school. At that time, I was e swiss rolex the contact details and customer feedbacks to verify how to retailers run their business.lmost all watch lovers have special love toward hi HP Batteries not being used.Near date Apple Inc has released the fourth generation iphone. In the Republic of Korea, these South Korean users show great swiss replica watches but I hope my boyfriend can have a set of them because it is so irresistible!Perhaps these above are the best Christmas gifts for the roma replica rolex watch crown are a bit too large, the left side of the case is given a visual bulge to balance.The new Edox is presented on a black rubber replica watches uk es lists a 1933 gold Patek Philippe with 24 complications as the most expensive watch ever sold.The best natural finally introduces, 100 da feili – in replica rolex mental-chained satchelThe mental-chained satchel has occupied the hearts of many fashion girls due to its elegant appearance and practical swiss replica rough green glasses on you.akley: Golf Players' Eye ExpertThe persistent pursuit of innovation of Oakley contributes to a clarity beyond the U.S. replica rolex uk ks are one of my favorite designer socks. Not only because its unique and fashionable design, but also because its high quality. And, most Disney two New York stores in America. A Le-Tan purse could costs you about $1,250. That's beyond most of our budget.These surrealism old "books" Asus Batteries ve to discharge the helium, the case is easy to burst. Therefore, this equipment is designed for those who are working undersea over chanel bags
he hua ye

Re: Highlighter with CompassSearchHelper
Posted: Oct 15, 2011 3:39 AM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

Coach bags outlet offer great discount in this winter, and coach outlet own its unique design and fashion styles. Coach bags are more and more popular among people. Huge celebrities like moncler outlet in recent years. Moncler bring you warm and beauty in this winter. Moncler online offer moncler jackets for men and women. Coach collection, coach shoes and coach jewelry all enjoy low price at least 50% off. Moncler sale welcome you to buy moncler shop in monclers. Coach factory outlet welcome you!
azsxa

Posted: Nov 2, 2011 2:50 AM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

Dear customers, welcome to our ugg bailey button boots Sale online store!Here you can find different kinds of ugg boots clearance in various styles and colors. All our shoes ugg clearance are in high quality at reasonable prices compared with other online stores. As a professional sale outlet, we have established good reputation in this business line. In addition, fine workmanship and exquisite material is guaranteed in our store. therefore,uggs clearance as the most common fall and winter fashion accessories, not only warmth fills the air, but can also dress up your charm plus.We will also bear the loss of goods in the free shipping. Our aim is to offer the best service and convenience for our customers. we have various payment methods.There is no denying that ugg kensington on sale will bring you unique modern style.
jenny

coach outlet store online
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 7:19 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

The

coach factory outlet

has been in business for many years. You can log in to find more information about its products and services.
At

louis vuitton sale

,you will find Louis Vuitton Vernis Wallet uses Vernis leather lining instead of classic Monogram canvas, meanwhile creates another classic style with fashion.
Here's your new way to look sophisticated styles. Carry the hot

of this summer and be the true trendsetter!
Several days ago, I chose one style of

hermes scarf

from the Swarovski Outlets, which has won good reputation from many customers.
It is a symbol regarding position not to mention nature, Here I would like to launch a excellent bags pertaining to business men, which may be

louis vuitton online

Cupertino M56398.
Almost everyone has identified effectively about this, below, among the best to make sure you will get much more information about

coach outlet

lvzeng

louis vuitton
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 7:52 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

Owning

louis vuitton bags

of their own has been the dreams of many fad-seeking people for a quite long time.
You need not worry about the quality of the

for sale now. The Coach brand is famous for the perfect products.
I am so confused that I don,t even know where to buy the

louis vuitton

Handbags. Because I can prefer to chose the fashionable design, favorable price, top service .

with fashion style and top quality succeed. In any occasions they are very suitable and appropriate for its precise and rich design.
They're not chosen, so one of these ideal for you.For more flexibleness a lot more like these, there are lots of discount 'shoulder' variations outlet

louis vuitton bags

hermes birkin

is an Austrian success story par excellence. At the end of the 19th century Daniel Swarovski founded a company with the aim to cut crystals automatically.

coach outlet store

vision system is a visual enjoy, is a visual art. The particular design has been integrated function and the element of elegancy, then show you an exquisite and excellent product.
coach8outlet

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 1:35 AM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

louis vuitton handbags

enjoy high reputation all over the world. They are designed for hand, elbow and shoulder carry thanks to comfortable flat leather handles.
If you have been to the mall lately and browsed

coach outlet

you may find that a high price tag goes along with just about everything in the mall.
This client-oriented and faith-rooted store aims at providing the best LV goods and services, such as top-class

louis vuitton uk

and free shipping.
Turn your attention to such discount coach sneakers for women from Coach Outlet Store online, you will find something unique and special of such authentic coach for sale at coach factory outlet store online.

louis vuitton outlet

online just like a person who want to show himself in front of other people, because he is confident enough, he can attain the respect of other people.
Bezel-set

hermes birkin bag

are showcased in all their brilliance in the chic and timeless design of this tennis bracelet. Rhodium-plated metal bracelet with foldover clasp.
The

are utilized for formal event in company area that will display your excellent taste.Not only does a briefcase make is easier to carry things.
tonnyben

Posted: Nov 14, 2011 2:27 AM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

coach factory outlet online

featured with stylish leather bags and signature materials, and carry this bag, it can designate people seem to be captivatingly feminine and good-looking. Why not to buy one when it is at an affordable price?
The products that

louis vuitton outlet

is countless, such as: purses, bags, handbags, shoes, belt. Even the same kind of product includes the products for women, the products for men, for summer-day use, for winter-day use.So, it is probably far beyond your imagination.
As a perfect combination of classic and modern fashion,

coach outlet online

can show the customers'unique personality.

hermes birkin

is your premier online shop for a wide range of quality Swarovski Crystal products such as Swarovski Crystals earring, Jewelry, Bracelet etc.
You could find them in desirable quality and price. If you don't mind high class louis vuitton replica bags, have a good time at

louis vuitton outlet online

coach purses

tend to be among finest style strikes associated with these days! They're the standing image that many ladies possess, or even, intend on obtaining.
miyao lin

Posted: Jan 3, 2012 8:08 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

It really a good article.cheap oakley sunglassesFake Oakley Flak JacketOakley Half X sunglassesoakley eyewearOakley Antix sunglassesoakley sunglassesFake Oakley Fuel CellOakley Holbrook sunglassesoakley sunglasses discountedOakley Batwolf sunglassesOakley Antix SunglassesFake Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglassesoakley batwolf sunglassesOakley Bottlecap sunglassesOakley Bottlecap SunglassesFake Oakley Gascan SunglassesOakley Commit SQ SunglassesOakley Commit SQ sunglassesoakley five squared sunglassesFake Oakley PolarizedOakley Half X SunglassesOakley Dispatch sunglasses outletOakley Jupiter SunglassesOakley Encounter sunglassescheap oakley minute sunglassesCheap oakleys Bottlecap SunglassesOakley Pit Boss SunglassesCheap oakleys Fives Squared Sunglassesreplica Oakley Pit Boss SunglassesOakley Enduring Pace sunglassesOakley Polarized SunglassesOakley Fives Squared sunglassesoakley crosshair sunglassesCheap oakleys Flak Jacket SunglassesOakley Dangerous SunglassesCheap oakleys Frogskins SunglassesOakley Dart SunglassesFake Oakley Flak Jacket sunglassesoakley dispatch sunglassesOakley Forsake sunglassesOakley Encounter SunglassesCheap oakleys Fuel Cell SunglassesOakley Enduring Pace SunglassesCheap oakleys Gascan SunglassesOakley Fast Jacket SunglassesOakley Frogskins sunglassesOakley Fives SunglassesFake Oakley Gascan sunglassesoakley flak jacket sunglassesFake Oakley DispatchOakley Forsake SunglassesFake Oakley Fast JacketOakley Frogskins SunglassesOakley Hijinx sunglassesoakley fuel cell sunglassesOakley M Frame sunglassesoakley gascan sunglassesFake Oakley Five SquaredOakley Half Wire SunglassesFake Oakley FrogskinsFake Oakley Half XFake Oakley Polarized sunglassesFake Oakley HijinxOakley Polarized sunglassesFake Oakley HolbrookFake Oakley Straight Jacket sunglassesFake Oakley JupiterOakley Fuel Cell sunglassesFake Oakley JuryOakley Half Jacket sunglassesFake Oakley Monster DogOakley Half Wire sunglasses
anitas

Posted: Jan 3, 2012 8:09 PM   in response to: Konstantyn Smir... in response to: Konstantyn Smir...

I love this article, it's very well.oakley sunglasses saleFake Oakley Flak Jacket Sunglassesreplica Oakley Polarized SunglassesOakley Batwolf sunglasses outletoakley sunglasses wholesaleReplica Oakley Flak Jacket SunglassesOakley Restless SunglassesOakley Dispatch sunglassesreplica oakley sunglassesReplica Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglassesoakley scalpel sunglassesOakley Flak Jacket sunglassesreplica Oakley Commit SQ SunglassesFake Oakley GascanOakley Split Jacket SunglassesOakley Frogskins sunglasses outletoakley fives squared sunglassesFake Oakley Polarized Sunglassesoakley straight jacket sunglassesOakley Gascan sunglassesOakley Half Jacket SunglassesReplica Oakley Polarized SunglassesOakley Ten SunglassesFake Oakley Hijinx sunglassesreplica Oakley Half Wire SunglassesFake Oakley RadarOakley Zero SunglassesOakley Jawbone sunglassesreplica Oakley Half X SunglassesReplica Oakley sunglassesOakley Juliet sunglassesOakley Hijinx SunglassesCheap oakleys Commit SQ SunglassesOakley Jupiter sunglassesOakley Holbrook SunglassesReplica Oakley Fives SquaredOakley M Frame sunglasses outletoakley jawbone sunglassesReplica Oakley Flak JacketOakley Minute sunglassesoakley juliet sunglassesReplica Oakley FrogskinsOakley Monster Dog sunglassesreplica Oakley Jupiter SunglassesReplica Oakley Fuel CellOakley Oil Rig sunglassesOakley Jury SunglassesReplica Oakley GascanOakley Pit Boss sunglassesoakley m frame sunglassesCheap oakleys Half Wire SunglassesOakley Polarized sunglasses outletoakley minute sunglassesCheap oakleys Half X SunglassesOakley Radar sunglassesreplica oakley minute sunglassesCheap oakleys Hijinx SunglassesOakley Restless sunglassesoakley monster dog sunglassesCheap oakleys Jawbone SunglassesOakley Scalpel sunglassesOakley Necessity SunglassesCheap oakleys Oil Rig SunglassesOakley Straight Jacket sunglassesoakley oil rig sunglassesCheap oakleys Pit Boss SunglassesOakley Ten sunglassesOakley Pit Bull SunglassesCheap oakleys Radar SunglassesOakley Zero sunglassesOakley Plaintiff SunglassesCheap oakleys Straight Jacket Sunglasses
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums