SourceForge.net Logo
Main Overview Wiki Issues Forum Build Fisheye

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Compass Support Forums » Compass » Compass Users

Thread: New Compass release for Lucene 2.9?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 61 - Pages: 5 [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] - Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 8:30 PM Last Post By: lorna lee
skaffman

New Compass release for Lucene 2.9?
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 9:12 AM

Click to reply to this thread Reply
By the sound of things (http://www.infoq.com/news/2009/10/lucene29), Lucene 2.9 has some pretty startling performance improvements. Is there a plan to rework Compass to take advantage of these?
Shay Banon

Re: New Compass release for Lucene 2.9?
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:47 AM   in response to: skaffman in response to: skaffman

There are plan to integrate Lucene 2.9 into Compass. The problem is that a lot of things changed in Lucene 2.9, so the integration is not straightforward.
skaffman

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:48 AM   in response to: skaffman in response to: skaffman

Edit: Oops, sorry, I misread your reply. Move along, nothing to see here :)

Edited by: skaffman on Nov 2, 2009 8:53 AM
saffron

Posted: Nov 10, 2009 2:03 PM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

is there any tentative date by when there would be a Compass version integrated with Lucene 2.9?
saffron

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 3:25 PM   in response to: saffron in response to: saffron

Any updates on when Lucene 2.0 compatible compass would be available?
Shay Banon

Posted: Dec 21, 2009 3:29 PM   in response to: saffron in response to: saffron

On my road map, been really busy with other things lately... .
Ammaletu

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 5:16 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

I'm also interested in information about the further development of Compass towards the new Lucene version. I maintain an application where we both use Lucene and a Compass component for the JDBC Lucene index (great work!). I think there should be more prominently placed information about which Lucene versions work with Compass. I looked around quite a bit through the documentation, the Wiki and other parts of this site, but found no information about this at all. For people who bundle Compass with other libraries and can't upgrade Lucene without Compass supporting the new version, this would be helpful. Maybe a new chapter in the documentation "requirements" or add it under "I use... Lucene" (hope I didn't miss it there -- the documentation is rather long *g*).

Also, putting some kind of roadmap in the Wiki could be helpful, so that people see wat is planned for the future. That, and deleting all the spam in the wiki. ;-)
kschroiff

Roadmap ?
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 3:42 AM   in response to: skaffman in response to: skaffman

We've no immediate pressure regarding Lucene 2.9 but is there something like a rough roadmap ?

Thx!

Klaus
Shay Banon

Re: Roadmap ?
Posted: Jan 23, 2010 6:37 AM   in response to: kschroiff in response to: kschroiff

Its first on my priority list... . Been a bit busy with other things that I hope Compass users will find useful once I get them out...
Hani Suleiman

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 11:15 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Any ETA on Lucene 3.0 support?
Shay Banon

Posted: Mar 4, 2010 9:09 AM   in response to: Hani Suleiman in response to: Hani Suleiman

No. I started to work on this, but its more complicated than I thought with all the changes done in 3.0.
shawn zhang

Posted: Mar 24, 2010 7:09 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

I visit this site every to see if new release for lucene 3.0 is available~~
Keith

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 10:26 AM   in response to: Shay Banon in response to: Shay Banon

Hi all - just another (annoying!) request for an updated version of Lucene - 2.9.1 or 3.0 - there are now two very useful libraries that I can't use in my app (carrot2 clustering engine, and neo4j graph database) because they require a newer version of Lucene than the one Compass works with.
saffron

Posted: May 28, 2010 4:48 PM   in response to: Keith in response to: Keith

It would be very useful if we could get some information regarding the road map for compass.
We have been waiting for Compass to integrate to Lucene 2.0 or 3.0 for several months. We hit "AlreadyClosedException" a lot in our tests and we have had to implement some workarounds, the workarounds are becoming difficult to maintain. If we could get some definitive answer from Compass team for the new release it would really help us in reaching a decision as to whether to use Compass or use Lucene directly.
adam smith

Posted: May 31, 2010 9:13 AM   in response to: skaffman in response to: skaffman

bar stools are not just for bars anymore people have begun to use bar stool as one of the newest trends in interior design industry such as breakfast bar stool
Legend
Guru: 2001 + pts
Expert: 501 - 2000 pts
Super-star: 101 - 500 pts
Assistant: 51 - 100 pts
Participant: 0 - 50 pts
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums